1. Protecting Your Privacy
2. Privacy Act
The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) gives rights to individuals in relation to how their personal information is handled. “Personal information” means any information from which your identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained.
3. Information Collected Automatically
When you visit the D’Appy Deals website, the following information is automatically collected and stored:
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address and a component of the domain name used (.com, .net, etc.). The IP address is a numerical identifier assigned by your Internet service provider or directly to your computer;
- the type of browser and operating system you used;
- the date and time of your visit;
- the web pages you accessed;
- the amount of time spent on individual pages, and on the website overall.
This information is collected automatically by our server and is used for internal statistical analysis purposes. None of this information identifies you as an individual. We do not collect personal information from you unless you wish to set up a customer account.
Cookies are simple text files stored on your computer by your web browser. They are created on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies do not contain any identifying personal information and do not compromise your privacy or security. You must have cookies enabled in order to create a customer account, order products, and otherwise interact with our website.
5. Types of Personal Information We Collect
D’Appy Deals may ask you for the following types of personal information:
- telephone and fax numbers
- email address
- credit card information
- age and gender
- personal preferences
6. How We Use Your Personal Information
D’Appy Deals collects personal information from you in order to create your customer account so that you can order products and services through the D’Appy Deals website. Your personal information also allows us to provide you with personalised service, to issue accurate invoices and receipts, and enables us to enhance and tailor our products and services to meet your needs.
D’Appy Deals may use your personal information for a number of business purposes, which include:
- communicating with you;
- processing orders for products and services;
- conducting credit checks and credit scoring activities;
- providing you with products and services you have ordered;
- customising and personalising your experiences on our website;
- updating and maintaining your account details;
- preparing and issuing invoices and statements, and collecting payments for products and services;
- dealing with your requests, questions or complaints;
- marketing our products and carrying out market, product and service analyses;
- registering you for company rewards, discounts, promotions, contests, or any other benefits available to you as a customer of D’Appy Deals;
- giving you the opportunity from time to time to receive emails and newsletters with information about new products and services;
- carrying out any activity required or authorised by the government or any legal or regulatory authority in connection with our business generally, or specifically in connection with any legal proceedings, crime, fraud or other unlawful activity prevention, detection, investigation or prosecution; or
- any other purpose related to the above which would be reasonably expected by you.
7. Privacy Commitment Regarding Use of Personal Information
D’Appy Deals will not use your personal information for any other purpose other than those described above without your consent, unless there is a specified legal, law enforcement, or public health and safety issue involved.
D’Appy Deals will not disclose or share your personal information with any third party.
8. Disclosure of Personal Information
D’Appy Deals may disclose or share your personal information, or receive personal information about you from:
- third parties engaged by D’Appy Deals to perform functions on its behalf, such as processing credit card information, mail-outs, debt collection, marketing, research and advertising;
- third parties authorised by you to receive information held by D’Appy Deals;
- law enforcement agencies to assist in the prevention, detection, investigation or prosecution of criminal or other unlawful activities; and
- our dealers, affiliates and related companies for purposes that are connected with providing you with the highest level of quality service, and with which you would reasonably expect us to disclose, share or receive personal information about you.
9. How We Treat Sensitive Information
“Sensitive information” means information relating to a person’s racial or ethnic origin, membership of political bodies, religion, membership of a trade union or professional or trade association, sexual preferences, criminal record and health. D’Appy Deals may use and disclose sensitive information only for the purpose for which it was provided or a directly related secondary purpose or as allowed by law, unless you have agreed otherwise.
10. Management and Security of Personal Information
11. Updating Your Personal Information
D’Appy Deals endeavours to ensure that the personal information it holds is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You can update your customer account details at any time by logging into your account and clicking on the “Edit Profile” button. If your personal information is no longer required by D’Appy Deals, it will be deleted from our system.
12. Accessing Your Personal Information
You have the right to access the personal information held about you and to advise D’Appy Deals of any inaccuracy. There are some exceptions to this right set out in the Privacy Act. If you request access to your information, we will ask you to verify your identity and specify what information you require. D’Appy Deals may charge you a fee to cover the costs of meeting your request.
For questions and notices, please contact:
Attn: Privacy Administrator
D’Appy Deals Pty Ltd
P.O. Box 487, Carina 4152, Australia
Last update: October 2021
Marketplace Terms & Conditions
Website Use Terms & Conditions